Sunday, August 29, 2010

Merdeka spirit : )

tomorrow ( 31st august 2010), our country's 53rd year of independence. i love Malaysia (seriously i do!!) so i decided to write a few reason on why i love my Malaysia. yea la, alang2 dah abis office work (oh so rajin!!) and innocently waiting for boss to come so that he can give me more work and HOPEFULLY half day off since it's Merdeka tomorrow :P

So here it goes :-
1.Malaysian patriotic songs are cool!! i LOVE singing them esp Jalur Gemilang, Bahtera Merdeka, Dirgahayu oh Tanahairku and the all time fav Keranamu Malaysia. i get all emo-fied while singing these songs. And i'm proud to say i stand up no matter where i am when Negaraku is playing :)

2.This country is pretty peaceful if compared to most of the other countries.

3.FOOD!! :) thank God that because of our multicultural society, we have loads of delicious food to devour. the most popular concept i believe is mamak, where everyone regardless of race and financial status love to hang out till wee hours of the morning eating roti canai and sipping hot Teh Tarik. and we also have various Nasi Kandar outlets for the ever-hungry-Malaysians. It's not a rare occurrence seeing a Chinese man eating banana leaf rice with his hand, indian style.and that is something i find truly unique.

4.beautiful places. we have Pulau Sipadan, one of the world's top diving site. My personal favs are Pulau Tioman, Desaru, Gunung Ledang waterfall, Langkawi and Cameron Highlands.

5.multi racial society. everyone here gels so well with other regardless of race and religion. I'm proud to say i have friends from almost all races and we have absolutely no problem communicating and all. even the Merdeka ads we see on the telly every year will always have Malay, Chinese and Indians togather :)

anyway, i came across this post somewhere, just wana share it, no offense to anyone..
this is what a reader commented when asked why he loved Malaysia.

I love malaysia because I scored 10As and still can’t study the field i want.
I love malaysia because the political analysts bomb girls.
I love Malaysia because the criminals stuffs brinjal in a young girl and the police too busy setting roadblocks and drink coffee.
I love Malaysia for the rape of my daughter in the training camp.
I love Malaysia because our politicians want to soak our blood in Keris.
I love Malaysia because while i can’t study they wanna launch a spaceman which costs 100million.
I love Malaysia because even I love Malaysia i cannot talk about my government’s rape on this land wrong doings or they will lock me up.
I love Malaysia because UMNO says I must.
I love Malaysia who uses my tax to fund people who are not capable.
I love Malaysia evethough the country does not love me.
I love Malaysia just as much as Namewee does.
I only said all this because I love you Malaysia. God Bless You !!


Hmmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment