Thursday, August 12, 2010

The irreplaceable void PART 2

A year has passed since the episode ; I have tried, in this period, to focus on giving him both the love of his dad and mum, and to attend to most of his needs. And soon, he is turning seven, and will be graduating from kindergarten. Fortunately, the incident did not leave a lasting impression on his childhood memories and he is still happily growing up. However, not so long ago, I hit my boy again, with much regret. This time, his kindergarten teacher called, informing me of my son's absence from school. I took off early from work and went home, expecting him to explain. But he wasn't to be found, so I went around our house, calling out his name and eventually found him outside a stationary shop, happily playing computer games. I was fuming, brought him home and whacked the hell out of him. He did not retaliate, except to say, "I'm sorry Dad." But after much probing, I realized that it was a 'Talent Show' organized by his school and the invite is for every student's mummy. And that was the reason for his absence as he has no mummy...

Few days after the caning, my son came home to tell me, the kindergarten has recently taught him how to read and write. Since then, he has kept to himself and stayed in his room to practice his writing, which I am sure would make my wife proud, if she was still around cuz he makes me proud too!!


Part 3 and 4 coming soon ... ;) 

1 comment: