Thursday, October 7, 2010

Haihz..

Just reading though the headlines in today's The Star newspaper gave me some sort of sick feeling. Man, what has this world come to? My hormones are kinda messed up at this moment and i guess that was the reason why i cried  TWO times (yea i noe, like wtf right?) while reading the paper just now during my lunch break.
WHY you may ask? Let me share some of the depressing news.

1. Macaque vs baby.
I bet most of you already know about this. For those who dunno, well to sum it up, a macaque (some sort of monkey species) mistook a 4day old baby as food/his baby/whatever and caused the baby's death. Poor baby was found by the mom and grandpa in a pool of blood, body bitten badly and thrown from the roof. It was heart wrenching seeing the pic of the parents crying, and it's their first baby. I automatically start crying when i see the mom's grieving face. and here is what the parents told the press (as quoted in The Star) mom- "we were planning a grand Deepavali but that will not happen now. My heart bled when i saw my little baby with stitches on her head and face" . dad on the other hand had planned to register the baby's birth on Sunday, and now the poor baby died without a name... May God bless the family of the baby and give them strength to cope during these trying times..

2. The cremation of the late wife of Lee Kwan Yew, the ex-PM of Singapore.
Sad ending to a beautiful love story. The couple has been married since 1947. and the wife has been ill for a couple of years, in coma if I'm not mistaken. But he still talks to his wife everyday, and tells her about his day and shares stories with her. He said she might not be conscious, but she can hear him. Awww, how romantic. Anyway, what made me tear was this sentence -the 87 year old widower, famous for being a  tough political warrior, tenderly touched his wife's face in an open coffin after bringing his fingers to his own lips- he said to the press later, "my heart is heavy with sorrow and grief."
It's very sad to even imagine your loved one not being there anymore.. I cannot imagine what he must be going through watching his soul mate lying in the coffin, lifeless. Just made me realize that I'm not really appreciating special people in my life as much as they deserve.. Shouldn't take them for granted anymore after this. Life is too short.

M, i love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment