Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Feedback

Okay, so i've got some feedback from friends and family regarding organ and tissue donation. Some very interesting ones that i want to mention is question from a friend and also a family member. 
A family member asked me - "if you donate everything, what are they gonna burn?"
i answered "emmm..my usus and all? i think..:P"  and another family member asked "you might wana ask someone religious if it's okay to donate everything. i mean will the soul be in peace etc", my answer "well i think God wants us to help each other, this is a form of help too. I don't see the harm."
i guess family members will always ask these kind of questions, not because they don't want you to donate, maybe there care for you a little too much :) but thankfully, my family has been very supportive. Mum wants to donate her organs too :)

And a friend of mine sent me a message on facebook after reading my blog post about organ and tissue donation. A very good question in my opinion. I'll copy paste his question and my reply okay.
Question-
what if your kidneys are given to alcoholics who refused to stop drinking, your lungs given to heavy chained smokers who refused to stop smoking, your heart given to a heartless human being, wouldnt it defeat the purpose of u donating at the first place? 
Reply-
regarding your ques abt organ donor, what if i ask you the same? what if there is someone in dire need of organs/tissues but all of us think like what you think and choose not do donate and in the end the person dies? In my opinion, its my intention that matters most. I'm gonna be dead, my organs are no more useful to me, it's gonna be burnt nie na. We even donate our old clothes to the needy, then why the reservation when it comes to organs? and if you read my latest post, the Star report (18th Oct), there are people in serious need of organ transplant. a newly wedded woman, a Masters holder, a young girl.. people like that.. Should consider that too na?

I'm glad someone asked that question.. I mean i bet so many people out there have the same questions in mind, so just to set the records straight :)
Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, i think they have stringent procedures to check who deserve to be an organ recipient?  but I'm not so sure, have do find out about that.


Kesimpulannya, don't let anything hold you back from donating your organs and tissues!! A good deed like this will always be rewarded with something equally good or even better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment