Tuesday, April 5, 2011

M.U.E.T - Speaking

M.U.E.T (Malaysian University English Test)

I just sat for my MUET Speaking exam this morning. Couldn't sleep in peace last night, because I don't like exams, especially speaking exams. I get overly nervous each time. I remember how tensed I used to get before debate, it was not butterflies in my stomach, more like dinosaurs doing samba dance in my tummy,haha. I didn't do much preparation for this. Just went online, read about the format etc.
 
Anyway, my exam location was in SMK Kepong. I got lost because stupid me didn’t think about getting the address of the school :/ So called the operator and got the school’s number and the staff there guided us to the school. Thank God I arrived in time.
There were about 14 of us taking our exam. I was in Group 2, with 2 chinese girls and 1 indian girl. All of us were talkative, and we started yapping away almost immediately ;) We talked about ourselves, studies and then about the speaking exam. I suggested we strategize on how Part B was going to be done, so we selected 1 person to do the opening (me) and for another girl to do the conclusion.

Waited for about 40mins, and our turn finally came. Was pretty afraid on what topic I will be getting, I have to admit I’ve not done impromptu speeches in over a year so am a bit rusty. Thank God the topic was simple and very debatable. The topic was, If you could watch only one television show, which would be the most beneficial one for you?  And my point to argue on was News.

Quite a simple topic, no doubt, but I was SO nervous that I couldn’t think much. Thankfully I managed to think of 4 points and a conclusion. The group discussion went on exceptionally well as all of us had a lot to say, and the fact that we were already acquainted and comfortable with each other really helped.

Overall, it was a great experience =) Looking forward to the remaining exams (Reading,Listening,Writing) which will be on 16th of April

No comments:

Post a Comment