Monday, April 11, 2011

Courtesy??!!

Was in the train the other day, going back from college. And I saw an Indonesian man giving up his seat for a woman.. I was impressed, i mean many Malaysians don't bother giving up our seat even if the person is elderly or old. Lack of manners?

Anyway, in the bench where only 3 people could sit, there was this old uncle, a young man and 1 lady. And 1 man from India was standing beside me with his friend. And he decided to squeeze himself to sit in between the man and the girl, knowing very well that there was NO way 4 people could sit there. The girl felt so uncomfortable that she got up. and the guy did not even bother, he was happily smiling that he got himself a place to sit.


I was SO pissed and wanted to give him a piece of my mind. But then i was afraid he would not understand my poor Punjabi :/ So just stood there hoping God would knock some sense into his head soon.


Have you come across situations like this? I get really annoyed when people don't give up their seats for those who need it more, and even more annoyed at people like the man i mentioned earlier.


Maybe some people have absolutely no idea what on earth courtesy and good manners is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment