Friday, July 30, 2010

Death..

my fren kiran's grandpa passed away a few days ago.. May Waheguru bless his soul.. i'm sure my grandpa will be sad too.. u c, kiran's grandpa n my grandpa are best friends.. hope baa is okay now..

whenever any1 talks abt death, my mind immediately goes to sarjit mama n maa.. and ill start crying :(
sarjit mama is mum's brother, he passed away on 22nd october 2008 at d age of 48.. succumbed to esophageal cancer.. he was suffering for about a 1 1/2 years.. for me to see all that was really scary.. his condition was rare for me even though im in d medical line.. u c, because of his cancer, he cud not swallow food or water or even his saliva.. the docs did a small surgery to make a passage sumwhr near his shoulder that goes directly to the stomach, for liquid. but still, for sum1 undergoing chemotherapy and radiation treatment, good food is very necessary na.. mama lost weight drastically, pretty much looked like an anorexic person b4 his death.. His death was a big blow to mum and sisters, him being the adik manja n all.. as for me, i lost my cool uncle.. my cards buddy, my pinball buddy..

7months later...

God decided to take my grandmother to Heaven.. She passed away on 22nd May 2009, exactly 7 months after her beloved son's death.. Me and my maa, we had a very special bond, i was the youngest and most manja grandchild, she called my Baby and she was my hero :)  i knew she had cancer since 2006-ish but i had this believe in my mind that she was gonna leave forever, watch me graduating, getting married, having kids n all.. Not much cud be done for her treatment as she was very old (94 years old in 2009). I cried like a crazy person during her funeral.. Just couldn't imagine a world without maa.. Till today, whenever the topic abt cancer or grandmother comes up, i feel some kind of unexplainable pain in my heart and ill start crying.. Really2 miss maa,and  i know she is in heaven.. just hope she knows how much her baby misses her..

To everyone out there, my advice is simple, appreciate your loved ones while they are still in this world, cuz you never know when God is gonna take them away from you.. 
As for cancer prevention, its good to lead a stress free lifestyle, have a good diet, refrain from smoking and drinking, and go for regular check ups especially if you have family history of cancer.. As the saying goes, prevention is better than cure..

No comments:

Post a Comment