Thursday, May 5, 2011

What Vaanam did to me

I went to the cinema expecting only to be entertained.

Well, I did get entertained. But most importantly, Vaanam stirred something inside me i can confidently say very few other movies can.

We all have probably came across a storyline similar to Vaanam's storyline at some point of time. But i guess the power in this movie lies in the splendid performance of the entire cast.

On the way back home after watching the movie, I started analyzing everything I did in my life. I realized that like most of the characters in the movie, I too have been too engrossed in life. Trying to complete the highest level of education, making money, having fun. 

In the process, I have actually forgot the main purpose God sent me here, which is to MAKE A DIFFERENCE.

What have I done for the past 22 years? I've always had dreams about changing the world and helping as many people as I can. But how much have I done to achieve all this?

I've decided on a few things to do. I'll be taking baby steps and hopefully one day, will be able to make a BIG difference.

What about all of you? Are you like me and the characters in Vaanam? If yes, do take a moment to ponder on your life purpose and find ways to make your life worthwhile. At the end of the day, no one really cares about how successful you are or how much money you have made. It's the good deeds that you did which will be etched in everybody's mind.

For making me realize all this, i thank Vaanam. Beautiful movie indeed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment